Please forgive me for my lack of updates over the past month. Between traveling to Boston and then right to Haiti, I let a few things slip off the priority list. I wanted to say a special thank you to Scott and Eric for leading the class while I was gone on April 28th.
We are getting down to the nitty gritty here. We only have three more official classes before Confirmation Sunday. We have several activities coming up in short amount of time. One thing I would like to point out immediately is that the lock-in which is currently showing on the confirmation calendar for the 22nd of May is being pushed back to the 29th. There are too many families who are taking advantage of the 3 day Memorial weekend. We really want as many of the kids to come to the final lock-in as possible. I realize that when working with 13 different schedules, I won't be able to pick a date that will work for everyone. Please see if you are able to free up the 29th for their final lock-in event.
Also please mark your calendar for another fellowship night which will take place Monday May 18th at Zack Smith's home. Thank you so much to the families who have been able to host these fantastic events. The kids have loved them and it has been an excellent way to keep them all connected. I know they will miss them once confirmation is over.
On May 23rd I would like to take any of the kids who are available on a field trip to visit a Hindu temple as well as touring or participating in a Greek Orthodox worship service. Can you please let me know your schedules for the 23rd so I can decide if we have enough available kids to make this happen. This would be our last field trip.
On May 24th Eric and I will be hosting a memorial day picnic at our home for all youth. This is not just the confirmation class, but we encourage everyone to attend as a way getting to know other youth in the church. We will provide all of the meat and drinks (Hot dogs and Hamburgers) We ask that the kids bring a side dish or dessert to share. Kids can be dropped off at 4pm and picked up at 8pm. We also encourage carpooling as we live about 35 minutes from the church. Please let me know if your kids will be able to participate in any or all of these events.
This Tuesday evening we will be getting to know our bibles better, so please remind your kids to bring their own personal bible with them. Many of them have been depending on the pew bibles which is fine, but knowing how to use your own bible at home is a valuable lesson. We will also be discussing world religions in next weeks class. We hope to give students a better understanding of the basic beliefs of other faiths.
Thank you again for being so supportive of this years confirmation program!
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment